Sunday, March 6, 2011

I love my F'EAT!

"What IS f'eat?" you ask...

Faux meat!

A wonderful introduction for the veg-curious crowd, and great "junk food" (only because it's processed) for us long-standing veg'ns, faux meat is a great alternative that often gives you the protein that your body is needing when your brain thinks it's craving meat. In fact, the f'eat I tried tonight (Boca brand Spicy Chick'n patties) contains more grams of protein than the animal product it mirrors. :)

Check it out!

Really, I try to limit my f'eat intake to once or twice a week. There are a lot of sources of good protein for a veg'n... (tempeh, quinoa, and almonds, for instance) but sometimes it's nice to have a meal that will please omnis and veggies alike. :)

Ps. My all-time favorite f'eat is from the brand Vegetarian Plus; Kung Pao "Chicken."

No comments: