Monday, June 21, 2010

Juice?

So... I know that the raw movement is kind of a big deal nowadays. And I absolutely understand the ideas, reasoning, and fundamentals. That being said, I'm a "comfort food" kinda gal. I have a hard time imagining giving up my casseroles, stews, and stir-fry.

I do my best to eat veggies in their natural state as often as I can (salads, sandwiches, okay-way more sandwiches than salads). And with the summer heat just really kicking in, that task will be easier than ever! So... I want to start juicing. "What?" You ask, "You don't already juice?" Um, nope.

How do I get started? I need recommendations for a good juicer, to start! Something powerful, of course, but I don't need your top-of-the-line, take-up-too-much-space situation. I'm a gal on a budget in a smallish kitchen. :) Also, recipes! There's a great article in this month's "Yoga Journal" (Aug '10, p. 35) offering a ton of ideas; I'd like YOURS, too!

Tell me what has worked for you, and what hasn't.  Tell me that you have more energy and I will, too.  Oh, and feel free to tell me that you have a juicer you're not using and that you'd love to donate to my "research!" 

No comments: