Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Recipe!

Red Lentil Pasta


This comes from the pages of LA DOLCE VEGAN (Kramer), and to be fair--let me tell you that I haven't tried it yet... However, one look and I know I want to! I think this might be Friday night's post-yoga feast; it looks So Easy to make. Check it out!
ps. You'll need your food processor (or a good blender if you don't have one).



dry noodles (your choice & enough for two people)
1 small onion, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 cup vegetable stock
1/2 cup red lentils (dry)
1 large tomato, chopped
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 cup toasted cashews


In a large pot of salted water, boil the noodles. While noodles are cooking, in a medium saucepan on medium heat, saute the onions in oil until translucent. Add the garlic, stock, lentils, tomatoes, cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat; simmer for 10-12 minutes or until the lentils are cooked. In a food processor, blend half or all of the sauce until smooth (be careful, it's HOT); return to pot. Reheat and serve over noodles garnished with cashews. Makes 2 large or 4 small servings.


Enjoy!

1 comment:

JenB said...

I was right! So great as my post-yoga nourishment. I made some slight substitutions; cayenne over black pepper and a large handful of sweet grape tomatoes. The teeny tomatoes added to the sweetness of the dish, so I kicked up the amount of cayenne a little bit. Also, the salt on the cashews was a lovely balance!

Keep in mind this is a hearty dish... a sauce of lentils & tomatoes over whole wheat pasta? Just make sure (if you live in AZ like me...) that your A/C is working; this dish is gonna warm you right up!