Thursday, August 13, 2009

Beer & Fries...

...are vegan, so why do I feel so crappy today?

Well, friends; let's clarify. If you've made the veg*n switch, you have undoubtedly made a transition toward a healthier diet. However, just because something is vegan, doesn't mean it's good for you. Or, in my case, there CAN be too much of a good thing.

Last night I went out for a beer with a friend after my last class. When it became obvious that we need to properly catch up, we knew that calories must be added to the mix! I think the Sweet Potato Fries were my only option on the menu, so we got a giant plate.

90 minutes and a LOT of sweet potato fries later (and only 1 Corona, btw), I went home with no desire to eat the remainder of my lentil soup. I was certainly full, but not necessarily fulfilled...

This morning I woke up and just felt AWFUL. I thought, "Can this be a hangover? Certainly not, after having only one..." But could it be the combination of a beer with only greasy fries and a touch of ketchup? My guess is YES. Grr.

One of the BEST (and most obvious) things about a vegan diet is how quickly the body rids itself of toxins, and how it just keeps wanting the good stuff! It tells me when I'm not eating enough vegetables or drinking enough water. And it reminds me to take care of myself when I stop paying attention.

Oh, the healthy body. What a good friend to have!

No comments: