Saturday, August 29, 2009

A Great Find

Today I wanted to share with you my favorite store-bought bread.

I do most of my grocery shopping at Sunflower Market and Trader Joe's. No matter where I shop, though, I need to be an expert label reader... and a loaf of bread is certainly no exception! A lot of bread contains milk, whey (milk product), and/or honey.

My favorite vegan bread actually comes from Safeway! It's labeled "Seven Grain Deli Style Sliced Bread", it only costs $2.69, and if you can find it fresh out of the bakery (?)... it's gonna be a GOOD day.

2 comments:

Simon H. said...

Hey Jen, in the last year I've moved to baking my own bread almost entirely. The secret? No knead! And recently, an even further refinement was released in the cook book Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day. The authors demonstrate their master recipe in this video. It is a fantastic book. They also have a follow-up Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day, but I haven't had the chance to pick it up yet.

JenB said...

Wow. Thanks, Simon! I'm gonna take a closer look at these... see what my options are. (I sure like the idea of "5 minutes a day"!)