Tuesday, July 7, 2009

a must-have...

...for any veg*n library? -Food Revolution-, by John Robbins.

As far as I'm concerned, this is the VEGAN BIBLE. Robbins discusses the dangers to our health from consuming meat and dairy products, along with fad diets and genetically modified organisms (GMO's). We also learn about the environmental repercussions of these industries and their mass "food production", and what REALLY happens to the kind, sentient creatures that end up on our plates.

Robbins speaks to all of these issues with great authority; backed up by numerous objective, scientific references. -Food Revolution- was published in 2001, a follow up to Robbins' 1987 phenomenon, -Diet for a New America- (the book that brought me to veganism and changed my life for the better).

Please read this book.

2 comments:

Lea said...

You recently made a comment about being aware of the "violence" that's on our plates. Once you see it.... you can't "unsee" it.

JenB said...

Absolutely!
When I began reading "Diet for a New America", I stopped a few chapters in. I had a feeling that it was going to change my life, and I wasn't sure that I was ready! My friend who gave me the book said, "Ignorance is NO excuse."
Damn it, he was right. IGNORE-ance was right! This is all so yoga...